Are you ready to embark on a meaningful journey?
Can you craft a killer media pitch? Are you a master of storytelling?
Calling fierce PR talents to join our Marketing, Communications and Sustainability team!
Norselab is Norway’s powerhouse for meaningful investments. We back investment teams targeting industrial technology startups and scaleups with the ambition to create net positive impact for people and the planet. We are in business to accelerate the winners of tomorrow!
We are ramping up activity in the Nordics and beyond, and our venture capital ecosystem is rapidly growing.
We now seek an outstanding PR Manager to take our media presence to the next level!
Who is our dream candidate?
- You are an enthusiastic and driven individual with a great amount of grit.
- Purpose is what motivates you, alongside great team efforts. You are always ready to lend a hand to a colleague.
- You are both a solid strategic thinker and a highly effective, operational “doer”.
- You enjoy working on several projects at the same time, and you excel at prioritizing. You constantly review your to-do list to make sure that you always work on the most pressing issues.
- As a structured and independent individual, you enjoy managing your own work streams, but know when to seek guidance.
- You have excellent communication- and collaboration skills, the ability to craft compelling stories and pitches from scratch, and a clever pen.
- You combine speed and attention to details.
- You are constantly on the lookout for little nuggets that you can refine into a media pitch, a press release or another engaging and well-crafted piece of content.
- You are resourceful and forward-leaning. You work around obstacles easy as pie, always coming up with alternative ways of reaching your goals.
- You have a demonstrated willingness to learn and grow.
- You identify with our People Philosophy.
Recognize yourself in this description? We want to talk to you!
- Develop creative and effective communication strategies in collaboration with the Chief Communications Officer and various teams both at Norselab and in portfolio companies. Most of the time, you will also be instrumental to the activation of the strategies.
- Structure our approach to PR, and build media relations to achieve high-level placements both in Norway and abroad.
- Craft media pitches, press releases, opinion pieces and keynote presentations.
- Plan and create content for social media and blogs.
- Plan and coordinate events.
- Monitor, analyse and report on PR results on a monthly basis.
Your experience and skills
- Proven experience from a similar position, preferably within an international communications unit or a PR agency with reach beyond Norway.
- Proven track record from designing PR campaigns on both national and international level with strong results.
- Current network in relevant media outlets.
- Experience with social media, LinkedIn and Instagram in particular.
- Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills both in English and Norwegian.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field.
In addition, the ideal candidate has:
- Basic skills in photography and/or design and/or video editing.
- Experience with Hubspot, MyNewsdesk or similar software.
On the job - what you have achieved after 6 months at Norselab
You know all of our closest colleagues well, and enjoy collaborating with them. You have developed a solid understanding of the distinctiveness of our investment strategy and approach to sustainability.
You have basic insight into most portfolios in our ecosystem and are actively seeking compelling ways of presenting them to the outside world. Norselab and portfolio companies are already appearing in Norwegian and international media thanks to PR campaigns you have designed and executed.
You have been a key contributor to designing Norselab’s communications strategy, and have started implementing it. Social media content creation and posting are running smoothly. You have also conceptualized and executed on several recurring events across the Norselab ecosystem, including investor meetups, knowledge-sharing events and social happenings.
Monthly reports provide great insight on our achievements, and contribute to creating engagement and pride among employees.
Working at Norselab
Unlike most other venture ecosystems, Norselab focuses on contributing to value creation. This is why we offer strategic and operational expertise to the funds in our ecosystem, as well the funds’ respective portfolios. We enjoy getting our hands dirty to fuel growth.
Working at Norselab means you will join a tight-knit team dedicated to supporting founding teams across all business-critical areas. Our Investment Services unit serves the ecosystem with core investment management activities, such as analysis, commercial due diligence, investor relations and fundraising. In addition, we perform strategic business development services. Our Marketing, Communications and Sustainability unit supports the ecosystem with activities such as brand strategy and positioning processes, sustainability strategies and -reporting, investor relations, concept development, marketing strategies and -plans, PR and reputation management. This unit is also responsible for the activation of Norselab’s own strategies within these fields. Employees also get the opportunity to work closely with a specific startup on operational projects, e.g. to kick off a company’s social media presence
What we offer
We are offering an exciting opportunity to get a broad understanding of a modern venture ecosystem, and hands-on experience supporting funds and portfolio companies in achieving ambitious growth plans. You will work with a number of different expertise areas - within and outside our team. All roles offer highly attractive career opportunities across the ecosystem for the right candidates.
This role reports to the Chief Communications and Sustainability Officer.
Occasional travel to be expected.
Closing applications on 31.08.2021.
We reserve the right to review candidates continuously.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Maria de Perlinghi: firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 92 22 19 59