Use your superpowers to boost the growth of Norway’s most meaningful tech startups!
Calling fierce marketing and communications talents for a paid internship opportunity at Norselab! Get unique experience supporting startups across our portfolios with a wide range of marketing and communications activities.
Norselab in short
Norselab is Norway’s powerhouse for meaningful investments. We back investment teams targeting industrial technology startups and scaleups with the ambition to create net positive impact for people and the planet. We are in business to accelerate the winners of tomorrow!
Norselab is ramping up activity in the Nordics and beyond, and our venture capital ecosystem is rapidly growing.
We now seek an outstanding individual to join our marketing team in Oslo, Norway.
This is not your typical kind of internship. As a Marketing Intern at Norselab, you will join an experienced team and work across several different companies and types of activities every week.
You’ll be a key contributor to the growth of the tech companies in our portfolio - whether it’s about designing a brand strategy, building presence on Social Media, creating engaging content, building new websites, running paid campaigns... You’ll have a taste of everything! More importantly: you will be able to develop your skills in the areas that tickle you most.
For the right candidate, the internship may also be an entry gate to a full-time position in Norselab or one of our portfolio companies.
Start Date: ASAP.
Are you our dream intern?
- You are an enthusiastic and driven individual with a great amount of grit.
- Purpose is what motivates you, alongside great team efforts. You are always ready to lend a hand to a colleague.
- You excel at “getting shizzle done”, without cutting corners on precision.
- You enjoy working on several projects at the same time, and adapt easily to changing priorities.
- As a structured and independent individual, you enjoy managing your own work, but check in regularly to make sure you’re on the right track.
- You have excellent communication- and collaboration skills, both in Norwegian and English.
- You are resourceful and forward-leaning. You work around obstacles easy as pie, always coming up with alternative ways of reaching your goals.
- You identify with our People Philosophy.
Recognize yourself in this description? We want to talk to you!
- Be a resource for Norselab and all underlying portfolios across various marketing and communication activities.
- Create social copy and other types of content for various channels. Writing skills are required, graphic design, video editing and/or photo skills are a big plus!
- Plan, execute and report on campaigns with guidance from our team members.
- Contribute to creating and implementing engaging, effective and well-structured marketing- and communications strategies and -plans in collaboration with the team.
- Create attractive Power Points to present pitches, reports, and more.
- Currently in final year of a degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant field
- Full professional proficiency in both English and Norwegian
- Ability to work at least 16 hours/week
- Good understanding of brand strategy
- Interest in sustainability
- Most importantly; Desire to learn and grow.
Working at Norselab
Unlike most other venture ecosystems, Norselab focuses on contributing to value creation. This is why we offer strategic and operational expertise to the funds in our ecosystem, as well the funds’ respective portfolios. We enjoy getting our hands dirty to fuel growth.
Working at Norselab means you will join a tight-knit team dedicated to supporting founding teams across all business-critical areas. Our Investment Services unit serves the ecosystem with core investment management activities, such as analysis, commercial due diligence, investor relations and fundraising. In addition, we perform strategic business development services.
Our Marketing, Communications and Sustainability unit supports the ecosystem with activities such as brand strategy and positioning processes, sustainability strategies and -reporting, investor relations, concept development, marketing strategies and -plans, PR and reputation management. This unit is also responsible for the activation of Norselab’s own strategies within these fields. In addition, employees regularly get the opportunity to work closely with a specific startup on operational projects, e.g. to kick off a company’s social media presence.
What we offer
Be part of Norway’s leading ecosystem for meaningful tech ventures as we set out to achieve our international ambitions! Through this internship, you will get a good understanding of a modern venture ecosystem, and hands-on experience supporting funds and portfolio companies in achieving ambitious growth plans. You will work with a number of highly skilled and talented people - within and outside our team - to get a real-life understanding of how marketing and communications contributes to growth and value creation in startups.
You will get a desk at our modern office facilities in central Oslo, with access to healthy lunch arrangements, gym facilities etc. The internship is paid.
The intern will report to the Chief Communications and Sustainability Officer.
Closing applications on 30.09.2021.
We reserve the right to review candidates continuously. This means that we may fill the position before the closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Maria de Perlinghi: firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 92 22 19 59