Meaningful Structured Equity I is an impact-focused fund to deliver on the untapped growth potential of low dilution funding in the Nordics. The fund will offer a founder-friendly financing alternative that gives impact companies access to growth capital without giving up control. Founders will benefit from low dilution, no cash burn, and a lower cost of capital compared to equity.
Product: Structured equity fund
The Structured Equity fund will follow Norselab’s impact philosophy as outlined in the Meaningfulness Policy and adhere to our three Meaningfulness pillars:
- Product-driven impact: We focus on the impacts of the company’s revenue-generating products and services.
- Net-positive impact: We account for both the negative and the positive effects of companies to identify those with net positive impact.
- Impact where it’s urgent: We strive to invest in industries in great need of transformation.
Investments in the Structured Equity fund will combine preferred shares and warrants.
A typical investment case for the fund is companies with a strong product-market fit, proven impact potential and solid VC-backing. Potential tickets range from USD 3-10 million.
Investors can anticipate superior payout due to the advantages that the preference shares bring. Additionally, the proven business model provides fundamental downside protection.
- Name: Meaningful Structured Equity I
- Investment stage: Series A to C
- Target and size of the fund: USD 50M
- Portfolio size: Aim 10-15 companies
- Typical investment:
- Ticket size: USD 3-10m
- Pre-money valuation: USD 50m+
- Typical term: 3 years