Ready to embark on a meaningful journey?
Are you driven by the belief that business can be a key driver to a more sustainable world? Do you dream of shaping the sustainability strategies of companies that are set to become tomorrow's winners?
Calling fierce, purpose-driven talents to helps maximise the positive impacts of our portfolio companies!
Norselab is Norway’s powerhouse for meaningful investments. We back Investment teams targeting industrial startups and scaleups with the ambition to create net positive impact for people and the planet. We are in business to accelerate the winners of tomorrow!
We are ramping up activity in the Nordics and beyond, and our venture capital ecosystem is rapidly growing.
We now seek an outstanding individual to work hands-on with various portfolio companies to help maximize their impact potential.
Who is our dream candidate?
- You are an enthusiastic and driven individual with a great amount of grit.
- Purpose is what motivates you, alongside great team efforts. You are always ready to lend a hand to a colleague.
- You are both a solid strategic thinker and a highly effective, operational “doer”.
- You enjoy working on several projects at the same time, and you excel at prioritizing. You constantly review your to-do list to make sure that you always work on the most pressing issues.
- As a structured and independent individual, you enjoy managing your own work streams, but know when to seek guidance.
- You have excellent communication- and collaboration skills, the ability to create buy-in on sustainability, and to make sustainability understandable, actionable and engaging.
- You combine speed and attention to details.
- You are ambitious in your work and constantly look for potential improvements in your approach to sustainability.
- You are resourceful and forward-leaning. You work around obstacles easy as pie, always coming up with alternative ways of reaching your goals.
- You have a demonstrated willingness to learn and grow.
- You identify with our People Philosophy.
Recognize yourself in this description? We want to talk to you!
- Work hands-on with various portfolio companies in Norselab’s funds to build and implement sustainability strategies, focusing on each individual company’s buissines model, value chain and product offering.
- Assist companies in mapping and communicating their impacts, and to produce sustainability-related documentation, including EU taxonomy assessments, to cover investor needs.
- Be the expert on sustainability issues in our portfolio companies’ value chains, and be the advocate of a data-driven and research-based approach to sustainability.
- Coordinate company-level data collection and reporting in relation Norselab’s overall sustainability reporting.
- Develop and streamline Norselab’s value-enhancing service offering to portfolio companies within the sustainability field.
- Be a contributor to the shaping of Norselab’s Sustainability Policy, strategies, frameworks, and measuring- and reporting schemes in accordance with current regulations and industry standards.
- Keep the team up to date on regulations, trends and market developments affecting companies in our portfolios.
- Contribute to communication initiatives where sustainability expertise is required.
- Contribute to Norselab’s and portfolio companies' sustainability reporting commitments. Norselab is a signatory of the PRI, and will be subject to Taxonomy reporting as of 2022.
Your experience and skills
- 4-5 years’ experience from a similar position, with demonstrated understanding how sustainability may be enhanced in various industries and types of companies.
- Thorough knowledge of the SDGs and the EU Taxonomy regulation. Basic knowledge of the PRI, UN Global Compact or other relevant frameworks is a plus.
- Proven track record from designing and implementing effective sustainability strategies.
- Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills both in English and Norwegian.
- Master’s degree within a relevant field.
On the job - what you have achieved after 6 months at Norselab
- You know all of our closest colleagues well, and enjoy collaborating with them.
- You have developed a solid understanding of the distinctiveness of our investment strategy and approach to sustainability, both on company level and portfolio level.
- You have basic insight into most companies in our ecosystem and are actively monitoring their respective approaches to sustainability, and whether they live up to commitments.
- You have helped design and implement sustainability strategies in a couple of companies, and are starting to streamline your processes.
- You have helped several portfolio companies produce sustainability documentation, including EU Taxonomy assessments.
- As a sustainability advocate, you provide valuable expertise in discussions on sustainability, both in Norselab and in portfolio companies.
Working at Norselab
Unlike most other venture ecosystems, Norselab focuses on contributing to value creation. This is why we offer strategic and operational expertise to the funds in our ecosystem, as well the funds’ respective portfolios. We enjoy getting our hands dirty to fuel growth.
Working at Norselab means you will join a tight-knit team dedicated to supporting founding teams across all business-critical areas.
Our Analysis & Business Development unit serves the ecosystem with core investment management activities, such as analysis, commercial due diligence, investor relations and fundraising. In addition, we perform strategic business development services.
Our Impact & Communications unit supports the ecosystem with activities such as sustainability assessments in the investment process, sustainability strategies and -reporting, brand strategy and positioning processes, investor relations, marketing strategies and -plans, employer branding, PR and reputation management, and concept development for new funds. This unit is also responsible for the activation of Norselab’s own strategies within these fields. Employees will to a large extent get the opportunity to work closely with specific startups/scalups on projects in portfolio companies.
What we offer
We are offering an exciting opportunity to get a broad understanding of a modern venture ecosystem, and hands-on experience supporting funds and portfolio companies in achieving ambitious growth plans. In particular, you will have a key role in driving sustainability through the core business of portfolio companies. You will work with a number of different expertise areas - within and outside our team. The role offers highly attractive career opportunities across the ecosystem for the right candidate.
Are you ready to make your next, meaningful career move?
We reserve the right to interview candidates continuously.