Ready to embark on a meaningful journey?
Want to help meaningful companies leverage the power of distinctive brands? Rare opportunity to join Norselab as a Brand Specialist!
Norselab is Norway’s powerhouse for meaningful investments. The funds in our ecosystem back startups and scaleups with the ambition to ignite sustainable change in traditional industries, creating net positive impact for people and the planet.
We are ramping up activity in the Nordics and beyond, and our venture capital ecosystem is rapidly growing.
We now seek a Brand Specialist that will be central to fueling growth in our portfolio companies.
About the role
This role will join Norselab’s Impact & Communications team and be responsible for ensuring that companies in the Norselab portfolio develop and implement solid brand strategies to lay the foundation for growth. You will also be instrumental to helping them gain understanding of how they may leverage their brand as the company’s operating system.
You will manage brand processes of various sizes and depths. You will be the trusted guide and sparring partner of CEOs and founding teams in the process, facilitating sound discussions and bold decisions.
Most of the time, you will see companies through the implementation of their new brands, with various levels of operational contribution. You will also be a privileged source of knowledge of how to build a brand to fuel long-term growth. In addition, we believe the right candidate has some experience with UX, and has knowledge of how to help the brand come to life through the company’s products.
You will get the chance to work with some of Norway’s most promising startups and scale ups, in an environment where brands are seen as a powerful strategic lever for value creation. At Norselab, people know that a brand is more than just a logo and pretty design. Here, we are advocates of brand strategies. The Brand Specialist will be central to helping portfolio companies define their purpose, and the overall direction of their company.
You will also get the opportunity to contribute to Norselab’s own branding efforts, together with a team of highly qualified and skilled professionals within brand, marketing, communications, employer branding and sustainability.
Are you our new Brand Specialist?
- You are an enthusiastic and driven individual with a great amount of grit.
- Purpose is what motivates you, alongside great team efforts. You are always ready to lend a hand to a colleague.
- You are a fervent advocate for brands, and have thorough knowledge of the business case for brands, and how brands can drive long-term growth.
- You are comfortable running workshops, guiding heated discussions, and translating the essence into great copy. You keep hearing “I could not have said it better myself”.
- You are both a solid strategic thinker and a highly effective, operational “doer”.
- You enjoy working on several projects at the same time, and you excel at prioritizing.
- As a structured and independent individual, you enjoy managing your own work streams, but know when to seek guidance.
- You have excellent communication- and collaboration skills, and an outstanding pen.
- You combine speed and attention to details.
- You are resourceful and forward-leaning. You work around obstacles and always come up with alternative ways of reaching your goals.
- You have a demonstrated willingness to learn and grow.
- You identify with our People Philosophy.
Recognize yourself in this description? We want to talk to you!
- Project lead in brand strategy processes for companies across Norselab’s portfolios. You will plan, facilitate and ensure quality in all stages of the project.
- Coordinate all aspects of rebranding processes - from project start to activation - with third party agencies involved in the processes on behalf of the portfolio companies.
- Develop state of the art practices for brand processes and brand building at Norselab, including the presentation of the business case for brands.
- Be the guardian of Norseab’s knowledge in your field, and stay up to date with recent research and trends. You will also be instrumental to knowledge sharing related to brands across our ecosystem of funds and portfolio companies.
- Develop Norselab’s network of quality approved agencies needed for each stage of a rebranding project.
- Contribute to the health of Norselab’s own brand, and our various marketing and communications activities.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience from a similar position.
- Exceptional copywriting skills in English (Norwegian is a plus).
- Proven track record from creating and/or managing distinctive brands with global ambitions.
- Solid understanding of brands, how they can be leveraged across all functions in a company, and their business case.
- Up-to-date with the latest research on brands and branding.
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust among various stakeholders.
- A degree within a relevant field.
Working at Norselab
Unlike most other venture ecosystems, Norselab focuses on contributing to value creation. This is why we offer strategic and operational expertise to the funds in our ecosystem, as well the funds’ respective portfolios. We enjoy getting our hands dirty to fuel growth.
Working at Norselab means you will join a tight-knit team dedicated to supporting founding teams across all business-critical areas.
Our Analysis and Business Development team serves the ecosystem with investment management activities, such as analysis, commercial due diligence and fundraising. In addition, we perform strategic business development services.
Our Impact and Communications team supports the ecosystem with activities such as sustainability assessments in the investment process, sustainability strategies and -reporting, brand strategy and positioning processes, investor relations, marketing strategies and -plans, employer branding, PR and reputation management, and concept development for new funds. This unit is also responsible for the activation of Norselab’s own strategies within these fields. Employees will to a large extent get the opportunity to work closely with specific startups/scaleups on projects in portfolio companies.
What we offer
We are offering an exciting opportunity to get a broad understanding of a modern venture ecosystem, and hands-on experience supporting funds and portfolio companies in achieving ambitious growth plans. You will work with a number of different expertise areas - within and outside our team. All roles offer highly attractive career opportunities across the ecosystem for the right candidates.
This position is based in Oslo, Norway, and reports to the Partner in charge of Impact and Communications.
Are you ready to make your next, meaningful career move?
If you have any questions, or wish to have an informal chat about these opportunities, reach out to our Partner, Impact & Communications, Maria de Perlinghi at email@example.com, +47 92 22 19 59, or in a DM on LinkedIn.
We reserve the right to interview candidates continuously.