Do you have experience with sustainability in buildings? Do you have plenty of drive and “can-do-attitude”? Come join our team as a Senior Sustainability Specialist
Varig is a Norwegian proptech startup that aims to make buildings more sustainable. The construction and property industries have a large, environmental footprint globally, and in Varig we believe that technology is a powerful enabler of more sustainable choices throughout the lifetime of buildings.
We have developed a data driven and easy-to-use solution that inspires both owners and tenants of buildings to make everyday decisions that create positive impact for people and planet. We want to become the leading global solution provider within this segment.
The company is still in its earliest stages, but we have secured both the operational capacity and the funding needed to grow to the next level. Varig is co-founded Renate Straume and Norselab. Norselab specializes in building meaningful technology companies that solve real-life challenges and have the potential of disrupting traditional industries.
Together with a highly competent team, you will contribute to building a global company and making the world more sustainable!
- Be the owner of the sustainability field in the Varig team and be the advocate of a data-driven and research-based approach to sustainability in everything we do.
- Define Varig’s sustainability strategy and be a key contributor to our overall business strategy.
- Build Varig’s sustainability policies, reporting systems and frameworks in accordance with current regulations and industry standards.
- Lead sustainability projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute to our product development team.
- Communicate identified trends and market developments within the sustainability field both internally and externally.
- Proactively work to establish and improve internal work processes and tools within the sustainability field
On the job
Within the first month, you have gotten acquainted with the team and our owners, as well as our product and overall strategy. You have been onboarded to our first pilot project and you have taken on key role in defining the sustainability reporting that we seek to embed in our product.
Everyone at Varig recognizes you as the data-driven and research-oriented sustainability expert, and you succeed in disseminating your approach into our entire team. You have initiated the work on Varig’s sustainability framework.
Within three months, you have defined a solid sustainability strategy for Varig. The strategy is built on your deep knowledge and understanding of what our company stands for, as well as the problems we wish to solve.
Your sustainability competence has translated into our product. You have become a highly valued and credible team member that always advocates a data- and research driven approach to sustainability, and you contribute with your expertise across business areas, particularly to communications.
Sounds exciting? To apply, send us an application with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com to join the next global proptech success story.
Enquiries about the position may be directed to CEO Renate Straume: firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 4817 8992
We reserve the right to review candidates continuously.